S.T.A.R.(S)ocial Training, (T)herapeutic Group, (A)cademic Enrichment, (R)ecreational Activities
S.T.A.R. Program Coordinator
Office: (610) 577-0048
Fax: (610) 577-0053
Cell: (484) 629-3168
S.T.A.R is a summer enrichment program that includes social skills training, therapeutic group sessions, academic enrichment and recreational activities. S.T.A.R. is an acronym for (S)ocial Skills Training, (T)herapeutic Groups, (A)cademic Enrichment, (R)ecreational Activities.
S – SOCIAL SKILLS TRAINING
T – THERAPEUTIC GROUPS
A – ACADEMIC ENRICHMENT
R – RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Individualized care, treatment and academic instruction will be offered.
District Extended School Year, IEP fulfillment, recovery credits, and tutoring needs can be met.
The S.T.A.R program can be designed to meet the individual needs of your students.
The S.T.A.R program will run 3 days per week, for 7 weeks in the summer.
Participants must provide their own transportation.
Implementation of program is based on number of participants.
- Class sizes are small
- Each classroom has instruction provided by a certified teacher and two paraprofessionals to offer educational support and assistance.
- Students have an opportunity to recover credits using a curriculum aligned with PA State Standards.
- Students have the time to work on social skills in group therapy sessions.
- The atmosphere is nurturing and supportive.
- Each student is given a prescriptive educational program based upon extensive diagnostic assessments which assist in pinpointing a student’s learning style.
- As students begin to experience success, the barriers which have prevented their successful performance in a public-school setting are often broken.