Partial Hospitalization Program
325 Alum Street
Office: (610) 379-1266
Fax: (610) 379-1288
Did you know?
Our partial program is 100% insurance reimbursable and comes at no cost to participating districts.
The Acute Care Partial Hospitalization Program is an intensive treatment program for children & adolescents. This program reflects a belief that structured outpatient treatment will assist an individual to attain his/her optimum level of functioning in the community. The program allows for a flexible combination of individual and group psychotherapy, activity programs and psychopharmacology to meet the needs of each individual.
The program hosts two separate group settings. One group is designed for elementary age children and the other is for adolescents. Each setting provides an appropriate degree of care and contact with the ability to test new behaviors in the community setting. Children and adolescents with intensive psychiatric needs will benefit from the structure provided through a therapeutic milieu by trained clinicians and can limit the expression of a wide variety of destructive and disruptive behaviors.
This program provides acute care services to patients who can benefit from intensive, short-term partial hospitalization:
- As an alternative to inpatient hospitalization.
- As a means to reduce the length of hospitalization.
- As a transition from inpatient to conventional outpatient treatment.
- To prevent psychiatric hospitalization by offering an intensive psycho-therapeutic program.
- To reduce symptoms of psychiatric disorders and behavioral problems in children and adolescents.
- To improve interpersonal functioning and coping skills through a variety of therapies and communication skills training.
- To enable patients to regain effective impulse control, and to improve self-esteem.
- To assist children in re-engaging with their community by helping them identify and utilize opportunities for socialization, education and employment as appropriate.
- To assist in planning for future care by offering advice and support.
The Acute Care Partial Hospitalization program offers a full range of psychiatric, psychological and counseling services. The program is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, Office of Mental Health, as an acute care partial hospitalization program for school aged children and young adults.
Problems/Issues Typically Present:
- Impulse Control
- Sexual and /or physical abuse
- Developmental issues
- Emotional/behavioral issues
Services in the Program Include:
- Assessment and Referral
- Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
Psychiatric/ Psychological Services:
- Psychiatric / Psychological evaluations
- Medication evaluations, reviews and monitoring
Behavioral Health Associates provides service to children and their families without regard to
gender, race, color, national origin, creed, disability or sexual orientation
The Acute Care Partial Hospitalization Program is a year round program. Our program is designed to offer preventative and treatment services to children and adolescents with moderate to severe dysfunctional behavior.
Program hours are 8 AM to 2 PM. As an acute care facility the typical length of stay is 60 treatment days.
Programming is provided according to a goal specific individualized treatment plan that is approved and regularly reviewed by the treatment team.
Family involvement with the patient is strongly encouraged and expected.
The patient receives support from family and learns how to approach the family with needs and concerns.
Range of Services
The educational needs of the child are of great importance. Our provides daily academic exposure by utilizing our on-site licensed educational program, BHA Academy. Our program works closely with the child’s home school district to assess recent performance and to organize future academic responsibilities. The development of self-regulation, insight, interpersonal relationships, constructive goal setting abilities and the appropriate use of leisure time are all goals of the program.
Members of our treatment team include a licensed psychiatrist, licensed psychologist, clinical director, licensed social workers and psychotherapists.
Admission and Discharge
- Anyone can make a referral to the Behavioral Health Associates Acute Care Partial Hospitalization Program by calling the program at (610) 379-1266.
- Discharge planning is a coordinated effort between family, therapists, doctors and home school representatives.
Discharged planning is discussed in regularly scheduled review meetings.
- After-care arrangements are made for each consumer prior to discharge.
Individuals who show improvement may explore options for greater involvement in the community. At the same time, these consumers can continue psychotherapy with the clinicians whom they know and trust.